Book List

People ask me all the time, “What’s a good book to read?”  This is a list of some of my favorite titles.  Some are old.  Some are new.  Some you’ve probably never heard of.  And some are business reads about marketing and selling.  Mine are at the bottom of the list.

Books with an * was a favorite.

TAHEREH MAFI

Shatter Me*

SAMMIE SPENCER

Amaretto Flame*

VERONICA ROTH

Divergent*

KAREN MARIE MONING

Darkfever

Bloodfever*

Faefever

HARLAN COBEN

The Woods

NEIL GAIMAN

Stardust*

WILLIAM GOLDMAN

The Princess Bride*

G.K CHESTERTON

The Man Who Was Thursday

D. BARRY & R. PEARSON

Peter & the Starcatchers

Peter & the Shadow Thieves*

Peter & the Secret of Rundoon

Peter & the Sword of Mercy

ALYSON NOEL

Evermore

KIM HARRISON

Dead Witch Walking

The Good the Bad and the Undead

Every Witch Way But Dead

A Fist Full of Charms

JESSICA DAY GEORGE

Princess of the Midnight Ball**

Dragon Slippers**

Dragon Spear

Dragon Flight

PHILIPPA GREGORY

The Boleyn Inheritance

The Other Boleyn Girl

The Constant Princess

The Queen’s Fool

BARBARA KYLE

The Queens Lady**

STEPHANIE MYER

Twilight*

Eclipse

New Moon

Breaking Dawn

JAMES PATTERSON

Along Came a Spider*

RICHELLE MEAD

Vampire Academy*

VA: Frostbite*

VA: Shadow Kiss**

VA: Blood Promise*

VA: Spirit Bound*

VA: Last Sacrifice*

Bloodlines

Storm Born

Succubus Blues*

Succubus on Top*

Succubus Dreams

Succubus Heat

Succubus Shadows

Thorn Queen

GAIL CARRIGER

Souless 

SUZANNE COLLINS

The Hunger Games*

Catching Fire

Mocking Jay

JANET EVANOVICH

One for the Money*

Two for the Dough

Three to Get Deadly

Four to Score

High Five

Hot Six*

Seven Up

SHANNON HALE

Princess Academy*

The Goose Girl

Enna Burning***

River Secrets*

Forest Born

JULIET MARILLIER

Daughter of the Forest

Son of Shadows

Child of the Prophecy

RICK RIORDAN

The Percy Jackson Lightening Thief Series

The Lost Hero

LAURA WHITCOMB

A Certain Slant of Light* (really good & kinda creepy)

CHLOE NEIL

Some Girls Bite*

Friday Night Bites

EOIN COFFER

Artemis Fowl Series

Artemis Fowl: Arctic Incident*

Artemis Fowl: Lost Colony*

Artemis Fowl: Time Paradox*

CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI

Eragon*, Eldest*, Brisingr & Inheritance

PC & KRISTIN CAST

Marked*

Betrayed*

Chosen*

Untamed

RACHEL CAINE

Glass Houses

J.K. ROWLING

Tales of Beedle the Bard

Harry Potter: Sorcerers’s Stone, Chamber of Secrets*, Prisoner of Azkaban**,  Goblet of Fire*, Order of the Phoenix*, The Half Blood Prince*, Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows*

MELISSA DE LA CRUZ

Blue Boods

Masquerade

H.M. WARD

Demon Kissed

Cursed

Torn

Satan’s Stone

More coming soon!

 

Business Books:  Must Reads for the Self-Employed

Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely

Sway: The Irresistible Pull of Irrational Behavior by Ori Barfam

Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping by Paco Underhill

The Art of Closing the Sale by Brian Tracy

The Psychology of Selling by Brian Tracy

11 Responses to Book List

  1. Tirzah says:

    You have got to read Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater! The sequel is Linger and the third book Forever, should be coming out sometime in 2011. You should also read the Darkest Powers Trilogy! The Summoning, The Awakening, and The Reckoning. But they are awesome!! You’ll definitely love them!

  2. Desiree says:

    Another awsome book series is Maximum Ride by James Patterson. Its about a girl (max) and five other kids (Fang, Iggy, nudge, Gazzy, and Angel) who have had their DNA modified so they’re only 98% human. The other 2% is bird. Sound interesting enough? If not you can google the full summery. I hope you read it!

  3. Haleigh says:

    you HAVE to read any of the Ellen Hopkins books if you haven’t already.they are so good.

  4. Tahlia Richardson says:

    You should seriously read The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith. That book is AMAZING! I just finished it and loved it. Other good books by L.J. Smith are the Vampire Diaries. Those are my favorite book series ever.

  5. Megan says:

    I have a dumb question that may have been answered at the top, but what do the asterisks mean? * is for what? ** is for what? I was curious. I love some of those books. You should also check out Tne Georgia Nicholson series. They’re hilarious!

  6. Christina says:

    Have you ever read any of Elizabeth Chandler’s books? They’re mystery books and theyre all really good and kind of creepy 🙂

  7. Dragonfly says:

    Have you ever read the Midnighter books by Scott Westerfeld?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s